We were extremely pleased to have been invited as guest speaker for the MICE Sustainability Forum 2017: Sustainability as Business Model. Under the Driving Sustainability Demand topic, Armelle Le Bihan explained how cost-effective green features could shift your venue to a sustainable MICE venue that will increase the performance of your meetings and events and grow your customers’ satisfaction.
On 5th September 2017, the MICE Capabilities Development Department held the “MICE Sustainability Forum 2017, Sustainability as Business Model” at Crystal Hall, Plaza Athénée Hotel Bangkok. As the MICE Capabilities Development Department explains, "the forum aims to build knowledge and understanding of sustainability concept and practices among both public and private sectors related to the MICE industry. The Forum covers social, economic and environmental concern practices. It also aims to highlight the importance of implementing the principles of sustainable development at all levels within the industry."
"I was very happy to see so many people who understand the value of sustainability. We are all looking for success and happiness in our personal and professional lives, but the way we achieve it makes all the difference in the world."
In this light, we would like to extend our special thanks to Brand Now and Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) for the opportunity to share the added value of Sustainable Buildings for the MICE industry.
The instructive conference covered a variety of sustainability aspects:
- Navigating the SDGs: Prioritizing the Global Goals and Where to Start
- Sustainability Marketing: Marketing, communicating and selling your sustainability
- Delivering Goodness: Eliminate food surplus by ensuring that good food does not
end up in landfills
- Driving Sustainability Demand
- Integrating Sustainability in Your Events
Key speakers to communicate their knowledge on these subjects included:
- Mr. Andrew Chan - Sustainability & Climate Change Leader, South East AsiaConsulting Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Ms. Elisa Niemtzow - Managing Director, Consumer Sectors, BSR (Business forSocial Responsibility)
- Ms. Mariela McIlwraith, CMP, CMM, MBA - Director of Sustainability, EventIndustry Council (EIC)
- Mr. Martin Venzky-Stalling - License Holder & Organizer, TEDxChiangMai
- Mr. Jeff Chase – Vice President of Sustainability, Freeman Companyo
- Mr. Prin Klomjai - Project Manager, Innovation Technology Co.,Ltd.o
- Mr. Arrut Navaraj – Managing Director, Sampran Riverside Hotel
For more information on the event: https://www.businesseventsthailand.com/index.php http://www.micecapabilities.com/mice/